Part Time Receptionist
Operates and answers phone calls on the facility switchboard system. Greets and directs visitors, residents, staff, vendors, volunteers and assure resident safety.
Reports to Administrator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates and answers phone calls on the facility switchboard system
- Monitors visitor entrance and exit from the facility including signing the visitor log book
- Greets guests and answers questions with appropriate referral to staff member and/or resident
- Performs routine clerical functions such as filing, copying, sorting etc.
- Collects, sorts, and distributes mail for both staff and residents
- Operate overhead paging system only when necessary
- Receive inquires and release information in accordance with established policies/procedure
- Give directions and information to visitors, guests, residents, sales representatives, etc.
- Monitor meal tickets for visitors and staff per policy/procedure
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Handles equipment and supplies in a safe manner.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the appropriate supervisory staff
- Reports any injuries incurred by residents to the unit nurse immediately.
- Follows established policies and procedures, including appropriate dress, etc.
- Responds to fire, accident and disasters as instructed.
- Utilize telephone, copier, computer, safety equipment, and other office equipment as needed.
EDUCATION AND PREVIOUS RELATED EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a high school degree or equivalency is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other facility staff.
- Must possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must possess cash handling ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
(With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so the requirements of the positions can be met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, volunteers and support services.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.