Responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Reports to the Administrator
Class: Non-Union Exempt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees all aspects of general office coordination.
- Provides customer and personal services, including, but not limited to, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of resident, staff and facility information.
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of the facility’s website.
- Interact with residents, visitors and vendors.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex or similarly delivered packages.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, office space, telephones, pagers, parking, office keys and lockers.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, personnel and housekeeping.
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings.
- Attend meetings as requested in order to record minutes.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Research, price and purchase office furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Oversee the coordination of the Security contract and daily operations of the security company.
- Maintain the facility’s policies and procedures in digital format.
- Oversee the facility’s records management processes.
- Assist other departments with any office duties and/or projects as assigned by the Administrator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required by Administrator.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Handles equipment and supplies in a safe manner.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the appropriate supervisory staff
- Reports any injuries incurred by residents to the unit nurse immediately.
- Follows established policies and procedures, including appropriate dress, etc.
- Responds to fire, accident and disasters as instructed.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
EDUCATION AND PREVIOUS RELATED EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a high school degree or equivalency is required.
- College education preferred.
- At least three (3) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Must possess good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other facility staff.
- Must possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, be respectful and flexible.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing all duties.
- Must be honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so the requirements of the positions can be met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, volunteers and support services.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.