RN House Supervisor – Part time, Days or Midnights
Responsible for supervising and coordinating nursing care and related activities within Sunny Hill Nursing Home. Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in related activities. Responsible to the SHNH Administrator through the Director of Nursing. Responsible for personnel, functions, equipment, assuring resident safety, and other activities as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Nursing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delegate and coordinate resident center care for residents according to state and federal regulations
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility
- Clinical resource in assessing resident care needs
- Make rounds to monitor quality of care performance and teamwork by all staff
- Resolve issues that arise with residents and staff during the course of assigned shift and report to the DON/ADON
- Coordinate and respond to incidents and injuries and document per P&P
- Respond to family and resident concerns and complaints
- Handle interdepartmental issues
- In-service staff as needed
- Assess acutely ill residents and condition change
- Perform venipuncture and administer IV medication as ordered
- Perform QA audits as necessary/assigned
- Monitor main dining room at mealtime
- Monitor and enforce work rules for staff following of policies and procedures
- Accompany physicians on rounds as necessary
- Participate in orientation and instruction of personnel
- Maintain records of narcotics and other controlled substances
- Check schedule for next shift-follow scheduling/staffing procedures
- New admits: Monitor orders and assessments for accuracy and completeness, document the initial admission for all residents on the day of admission
- Ensure that all assigned work areas (Nurses station, medication carts and rooms comply with environmental standards and meet all regulatory standards
- Inspect rooms and units for cleanliness and comfort
- Participate in fire and disaster drills in safe and professional manner
- Distribute supplies and equipment needed to provide resident care as ordered
- Participate in survey
- Ensure that room has been prepared for new admission; greet new residents and escort to room. Orient new resident to room and surroundings
- Unit charge nurse as needed
- Participate in on call RN rotation
- Other duties as assigned
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Medical records (charts) and all related forms
- Diagnostic and consulting reports
- Staffing schedules
- Feeding tube pumps, blood glucose monitor machine, IV pumps, blood pressure machine, oxygen analyzer, oxygen tanks and concentrators, suction machine, SCD machine, ear thermometer, electric lifts and stands, weight scales, fax machines and computers
EDUCATION AND PREVIOUS RELATED EXPERIENCE
- RN by State of Illinois
- LTC and supervisory experience required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Long-term care and supervision.
- Point Click Care medical record software Computer applications related to work.
- Multiple step calculations using algebraic and geometric principles.
- Recognition of definitions for difficult or uncommon jargon and technical terms based on context, figure out general underlying principles of advanced procedures and concepts.
- Write strong, high consistent business communications that are related to overall business functioning.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials. Engage in formal one-on-one verbal interactions with company personnel and external customers.
General Ability to:
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, concise, creative and professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, residents and family members.
- Ability to determine outcome of resident care and staff performance. o Discipline staff and input changes in policies and procedures.